Fact: Inexpensive, or "cheap", carpeting can actually be much more difficult to clean and tends not to clean up as well. Why? Oftentimes these types of carpet lack the fabric protection application that typically comes standard on new carpet. It also wears down much faster so while it may have been installed within the past few years, it doesn't look new with the amount of wear it shows. Since traffic wear is actually damage to the carpet fiber, cleaning cannot remedy the situation.
Summertime means warmer weather and the need for lots of sunscreen! If your sunscreen application goes awry with some product ending up on the carpet, here are a few tips to keep in mind when cleaning it up:
1. Use a dull knife or a spoon to remove as much of the sunscreen from the carpet as possible. Don't try to wipe it up because that could cause it to embed deeper into the carpet fibers.
2. Use the HomePro spotter we provided at the time of your last cleaning to spot clean the area. Make sure to read the directions on the bottle first and spot test in an inconspicuous area. If you don’t have one of our spotters, let us know and we’d be happy to set you up with one.
3. Use a dry white rag to blot the wet area and remove any excess dampness.
4. Let the carpet air dry. You can put a fan in front of the treated area to expedite the drying process. The key thing to keep in mind with spills of all kinds is to clean it up as quickly as possible.
If you need any additional help, give us a call. Our expert technicians would be delighted to lend a hand!
Here are a few helpful tips to expedite the drying process of your carpet after it has been cleaned:
1. Open windows to let air in. The more air, the better. 💨
2. Turn on ceiling fans to facilitate air movement throughout the house.
3. Stay off the carpet as much as possible while it is drying. This is especially important for the first 4 hours after the cleaning.
If you have any questions, let us know. We are here to help!
Fact: Home carpet cleaning machines can be helpful when properly used but they tend to saturate the carpet with water and are not powerful enough to extract the water and other cleaning products back out of the carpet. This can leave the carpet wet for days, which can make it vulnerable to mold and mildew. Residue left in the carpet can cause it to age at a faster pace, leaving it with a dingy appearance and a tendency to re-soil quickly. Professional cleanings from truck mounted units utilizing hot water extraction ("steam cleaning") by experienced cleaning experts are able to deliver a level of clean that can't even compare to DIY machines and your carpet will be dry in a matter of hours, not days. If you're ready to experience the difference a professional cleaning can make, let us know. We can help!
One of the most important things that new parents will think about is the health of the environment that their new baby will be living in. While you are preparing your home for its newest resident, one important thing to consider is the carpet since babies and small children tend to spend a lot of their time on the floor. Having your carpets professionally cleaned has four key benefits:
1️⃣ Dirty carpets contain pollutants that are tracked onto the carpet and release into the air. A professional cleaning removes these unwanted guests.
2️⃣ Carpet cleaning also eliminates dust mites that can cause allergies and asthma.
3️⃣ If you have pets in the home, cleaning can dislodge pet hair trapped deep in the carpet fibers that cannot be removed from vacuuming.
4️⃣ It’s good for your carpet. Routine cleanings will extend the life of your carpet. If your family is expecting a baby, we are here to help you get your home prepared! 🏡
Moving out is stressful but the process can go a lot smoother with a plan in place. Here are some ways you can prepare for your move out carpet cleaning:
1. Make sure all of your furniture is moved off the carpet and ready to go when the technician arrives.
2. Pick up any remaining debris off the carpet (pennies, push pins, etc.) that are too large to vacuum up or could cause damage to a vacuum cleaner.
3. Vacuum your carpet before the technician arrives. This step isn't necessary but it can be helpful.
3. Make sure the water and electricity will be on at the time of your scheduled cleaning. If for some reason either one of those services won't be on, you'll want to let the office know when you book your cleaning appointment or as soon as you find out (at least 48 hours prior to your cleaning appointment) in order to discuss what your options are.
If you have any questions or would like to book your move out cleaning, let us know. We're here to help!