Time is precious so here are 5 ways to make the most of your time when vacuuming:
1. Make sure your vacuum has a HEPA filter. These filters are very efficient at removing pollutants for the carpet. They are especially helpful for people who have allergies and/or pets.
2. Vacuum regularly, at least once a week, or twice a week (if not more) if you have kids or pets in the home.
3. Before you start vacuuming, make sure that the bag/canister is empty. Starting with a full bag/canister will impede the effectiveness of the vacuum. It is also advantageous to replace the filter when needed.
4. Don't forget the corners when you are vacuuming. Pollutants like dirt, dust, pet dander, and other debris like to hide in corners that are hard to reach. If your vacuum has attachments, this would be the perfect opportunity to make use of them!
5. When you are vacuuming, it can be helpful to go over the areas multiple times in different directions. This makes it possible for the vacuum cleaner to pull hidden particles out of the carpet that may have been trapped underneath the fibers.